Huhne says influential Global Warming Policy Foundation is 'misinformed', 'wrong' and 'perverse' following GWPF reportThe energy secretary, Chris Huhne, has attacked Lord Lawson's influential climate sceptic thinktank, the Global Warming Policy Foundation, as "misinformed", "wrong" and "perverse".The economic crisis has prompted an increasing number of assaults on policies to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, such as the development of renewable energy through levies on energy bills. Lawson and Benny Peiser, the director of the thinktank, are the most quoted climate sceptics in the UK media, and Huhne's intervention – a letter to the pair – is his strongest yet against those attacks against green policy. It follows a thinly veiled put-down to chancellor George Osborne in his Lib Dem conference speech in October.The GWPF has repeatedly called for more openness from scientists on research into climate change. But the Guardian has also discovered that Peiser has refused several freedom of information...
- Climate policies can help resolve energy security and air pollution challengesMon, 14 Nov 2011, 9:35:00 EST
- Public misperception about scientific agreement on global warming undermines climate policy supportMon, 21 Nov 2011, 14:36:30 EST
- According to new survey, Americans support strong climate, energy policiesThu, 4 Feb 2010, 10:27:23 EST
- Carbon taxes are the answer to the stalled climate negotiationsWed, 5 Jan 2011, 19:35:13 EST
- Mass media often failing in its coverage of global warming, says climate researcherFri, 13 Feb 2009, 12:15:02 EST