This distinctive Ethiopian mystery bird should be relatively easy to identify Mystery Bird photographed at Awash National Park , Ethiopia (Africa). [I will identify this bird for you in 48 hours]Image: Dan Logen, 28 January 2011 [velociraptorize].Nikon D300s, 600 mm lens, ISO 500, f/8, 1/1750 sec This distinctive Ethiopian mystery bird should be relatively easy to identify. But that said, its physical characters are strongly reminiscent of another group of birds that are in the same order that you might be more familiar with. Can you name this bird's taxonomic order and tell me which species this is? About the Daily Mystery Bird: The Rules:1. Keep in mind that people live in 24 different time zones, and some people are following on their iPhones. So let everyone play the game. Don't spoil it for everyone else by identifying the bird in the first 24 to 36 hours.2. If you know...
- 50 years of bird poop links DDT with changing bird menusWed, 18 Apr 2012, 15:34:37 EDT
- Toxic molecule may help birds 'see' north and southMon, 22 Jun 2009, 11:14:36 EDT
- New research identifies the plight of farmland birdsWed, 3 Nov 2010, 10:05:25 EDT
- Birdsong not just for the birdsMon, 28 Jul 2008, 10:07:40 EDT
- MIT solves gravity-defying bird beak mysteryThu, 15 May 2008, 14:22:20 EDT