All we in the Muslim Brotherhood want is for President Mubarak to go and real democracy to prevailAs the past fortnight has underlined, Egypt occupies a leading role in one of the most vital and volatile regions in the world. However, this great country has been ruled by an autocratic regime for more than 30 years, and left riddled with corruption, poverty, inequality and insecurity. With millions condemned to live in squalor, astronomical unemployment rates, political suppression and absence of basic freedoms, the Egyptian people have been seething with anger, frustration and discontent for years. Thousands of political dissidents have been dragged before military courts and sentenced to years in prison despite civil courts ordering their release. Elections were rigged on an unimaginable scale – forcing Egyptians, and especially the young, into a state of utter desperation.The Muslim Brotherhood, which was established in 1928, is at the heart of Egyptian...
- Constraining the reign of ancient EgyptThu, 17 Jun 2010, 14:43:22 EDT
- Dictionary completed on language used everyday in ancient EgyptTue, 18 Sep 2012, 16:34:50 EDT
- Egyptian blue found in Romanesque altarpieceWed, 5 May 2010, 10:25:15 EDT
- Heart disease found in Egyptian mummiesTue, 17 Nov 2009, 16:36:45 EST
- Transparency in politics can lead to greater corruptionFri, 10 Oct 2008, 10:37:38 EDT