After a 10-year break, the Royal Institution's Christmas Lectures return to the BBC. This year they are presented by materials scientist Dr Mark Miodownik. The question the three lectures are asking is: does size matter? We got an exclusive sneak preview behind the scenes as the TV crews rehearsed the second lecture, and a guided tour of the RI's prep lab where the experiments and props are built and tested. You can watch the finished Size Matters lectures on 28, 29 and 30 December at 8pm on BBC4.Subscribe for free via iTunes to ensure every episode gets delivered. (Here is the non-iTunes URL feed).Meet our crack team of science bloggers:The Lay Scientist by Martin RobbinsLife and Physics by Jon ButterworthPunctuated Equilibrium by GrrlScientistPolitical Science by Evan Harris Follow the podcast on our Science Weekly Twitter feed and receive updates on all breaking science news stories from Guardian Science. Email email@example.com....
- Plenary lecturers share science and policy perspectivesWed, 28 Oct 2009, 10:17:36 EDT
- Learning science in informal environmentsWed, 14 Jan 2009, 13:08:18 EST
- Before the big bang?Mon, 29 Sep 2008, 16:21:22 EDT
- From lectures to explosives detection: Laser pointer identifies dangerous chemicals in real-timeWed, 10 Oct 2012, 21:33:10 EDT
- Flower power may bring ray of sunshine to cancer sufferersThu, 1 May 2008, 11:07:27 EDT