This North American mystery bird is challenging to identify because it is out-of-rangeMystery Bird photographed by a reader in the northern reaches of the Okanagan Valley in West Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada. [I will identify this bird for you in 48 hours]Image: Dick Cannings, 12 November 2010 [velociraptorize].Canon EOS 30DThe location where this mystery bird was photographed will probably not help you identify this species because it is out of its typical range. However, that said, it is possible to identify this species, so look carefully and tell me what you think. Whilst researching this species for you, I ran across some very interesting life history traits that makes this species unique. If you can ID this bird, then please do tell us about the unusual qualities this species has!Daily Mystery Bird Rules: 1. This is a game, not a testosterone-driven competition designed to crush one's fellow birders/twitchers into the...
- New research identifies the plight of farmland birdsWed, 3 Nov 2010, 10:05:25 EDT
- 'Weedy' bird species may win as temperatures riseTue, 9 Jun 2009, 19:30:18 EDT
- Count your chickens (and robins and pigeons ...), urge researchers working to protect birdsTue, 1 Jun 2010, 17:52:06 EDT
- Citizen science: Birders contribute valuable data on invasive plant speciesWed, 16 Jun 2010, 11:06:16 EDT
- Why do some bird species lay only 1 egg? UC San Diego study offers some answersTue, 9 Dec 2008, 6:47:14 EST