There is no simple way to battle public hostility to climate research. As the psychologists show, facts barely sway us anywayThere is one question that no one who denies manmade climate change wants to answer: what would it take to persuade you? In most cases the answer seems to be nothing. No level of evidence can shake the growing belief that climate science is a giant conspiracy codded up by boffins and governments to tax and control us. The new study by the Met Office, which paints an even grimmer picture than the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, will do nothing to change this view.The attack on climate scientists is now widening to an all-out war on science. Writing recently for the Telegraph, the columnist Gerald Warner dismissed scientists as "white-coated prima donnas and narcissists … pointy-heads in lab coats [who] have reassumed the role of mad cranks … The...
- The human cause of climate change: Where does the burden of proof lie?Thu, 3 Nov 2011, 15:37:06 EDT
- New computer model advances climate change researchWed, 18 Aug 2010, 15:50:11 EDT
- Field project seeks clues to climate change in remote atmospheric regionThu, 12 Jun 2008, 14:22:43 EDT
- Climate Change Science Program issues report on climate modelsFri, 1 Aug 2008, 10:36:59 EDT
- Drifting word clouds may change perceptions of climate scienceWed, 7 Nov 2012, 21:05:11 EST