Friday, July 19, 2013 - 16:30 in Astronomy & Space
The Solar And Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) has had its eye on the developing 'rupture' for the past few days (July 13-18, 2013). The magnetic field lines expand into the solar wind as compared to other parts of the Sun.
- Large coronal hole near the sun's north poleSat, 20 Jul 2013, 8:32:05 EDT
- NASA sees second biggest flare of the solar cycleWed, 7 Mar 2012, 21:32:59 EST
- EIT waves and coronal magnetic field diagnosisTue, 17 Nov 2009, 10:20:22 EST
- SOHO spots 2,000th cometTue, 28 Dec 2010, 16:10:38 EST
- Solar winds triggered by magnetic fieldsMon, 2 Nov 2009, 11:33:11 EST