Thursday, May 17, 2012 - 17:00 in Paleontology & Archaeology
This artist's impression illustrates how the early moon (and Earth) were reshaped by an intense period of bombardment. Asteroids appear to be the dominant impactors.
- Study puts solar spin on asteroid moon formationWed, 9 Jul 2008, 13:35:53 EDT
- Splatters of molten rock signal period of intense asteroid impacts on EarthWed, 25 Apr 2012, 17:39:01 EDT
- University of Tennessee scientist searches for moons around asteroidsFri, 7 Oct 2011, 14:37:00 EDT
- Asteroid attack 3.9 billion years ago may have enhanced early life on Earth, says CU-Boulder studyWed, 20 May 2009, 13:38:06 EDT
- Moon's craters give new clues to early solar system bombardmentThu, 16 Sep 2010, 14:32:05 EDT