Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 07:31 in Astronomy & Space
In the 1500s, when virtually everyone believed Earth was the center of the universe, Nicolas Copernicus proposed the planets rotated around the sun.
- 'Copernicium' proposed as name for newly discovered element 112Tue, 14 Jul 2009, 12:21:52 EDT
- Scientists discover new planet orbiting dangerously close to giant starTue, 18 Nov 2008, 14:52:25 EST
- Analysis of Copernicus putative remains support identityTue, 7 Jul 2009, 10:43:58 EDT
- Chemical element 112 is named 'Copernicium'Wed, 24 Feb 2010, 11:02:15 EST
- Earth's core rotating faster than rest of the planet but slower than previously believedSun, 20 Feb 2011, 13:41:27 EST