Tuesday, May 8, 2012 - 15:31 in Astronomy & Space
The uninhabitable Planet 55 Cancri E is about double the size of Earth and was discovered in 2004. Capturing infrared light (Spitzer's specialty) from a small planet beyond our solar system is a big stepping stone in the search for life.
- Looking for extraterrestrial life in all the right placesMon, 15 Dec 2008, 9:17:52 EST
- Astronomers find super-Earth using amateur, off-the-shelf technologyWed, 16 Dec 2009, 13:39:16 EST
- Pulverized planet dust might lie around double starsTue, 24 Aug 2010, 13:15:55 EDT
- Looking for Earths by looking for JupitersMon, 7 May 2012, 18:34:31 EDT
- First Earth-like planet spotted outside solar system likely a volcanic wastelandWed, 6 Jan 2010, 9:22:39 EST