Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 14:00 in Astronomy & Space
The unlucky star was ripped to shreds by a giant black hole 2.7 billion light-years away.
- Newly merged black hole eagerly shreds starsFri, 8 Apr 2011, 12:38:44 EDT
- Unprecedented 16-year-long study tracks stars orbiting Milky Way black holeTue, 9 Dec 2008, 18:42:33 EST
- 'Cry' of a shredded star heralds a new era for testing relativityFri, 3 Aug 2012, 0:05:37 EDT
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- Black hole kills star and blasts 3.8 billion light year beam at EarthThu, 16 Jun 2011, 14:36:05 EDT