Wednesday, May 2, 2012 - 08:30 in Astronomy & Space
Look just north of Orion's Belt to find this bright reflection nebula. Lying 1600 light years out, M78 (NGC 2068) is lit by the glow of two nearby stars in this video from the European Southern Observatory's APEX telescope.
- The cosmic batWed, 3 Mar 2010, 9:37:53 EST
- The Orion nebula: Still full of surprisesWed, 19 Jan 2011, 6:30:29 EST
- Orion in a new lightWed, 10 Feb 2010, 9:36:43 EST
- Reflected gloryWed, 16 Feb 2011, 7:12:20 EST
- Oh, baby! A young star flaunts its X-ray spots in McNeil's NebulaTue, 3 Jul 2012, 12:04:32 EDT