Tuesday, April 24, 2012 - 10:20 in Astronomy & Space
NASA's Cassini spacecraft has spotted the mysterious objects creating trails in the rings that scientists are calling 'mini-jets'. Some of these objects travel in groups creating rippling swirls and eddies in the planet's strange ring.
- Cassini sees new objects blazing trails in Saturn ringTue, 24 Apr 2012, 14:22:32 EDT
- Scientists discover a Saturn-like ring system eclipsing a sun-like starWed, 11 Jan 2012, 14:35:33 EST
- Cassini sees collisions of moonlets on Saturn's ringThu, 5 Jun 2008, 10:07:36 EDT
- A long night falls over Saturn's ringsFri, 23 Oct 2009, 16:38:06 EDT
- Cassini shows Saturnian roller derbyThu, 18 Mar 2010, 14:53:42 EDT