Tuesday, April 17, 2012 - 22:30 in Astronomy & Space
Earth's nearest dwarf galaxy, the Large Magellenic Cloud, is home to the nebula and its brilliant display of stellar activity. The Hubble Space Telescope has peered into its core, a region called 30 Doradus, and delivered stunning imagery.
- Arachnophobes beware: Hubble snaps close-up of the TarantulaTue, 15 Mar 2011, 6:31:41 EDT
- Drama in the heart of the TarantulaThu, 11 Dec 2008, 13:31:48 EST
- Hubble captures bubbles and baby starsTue, 22 Jun 2010, 10:47:12 EDT
- Ambitious survey spots stellar nurseriesWed, 11 Aug 2010, 10:30:33 EDT
- A cosmic superbubbleWed, 20 Jul 2011, 10:36:15 EDT