Monday, April 16, 2012 - 10:30 in Astronomy & Space
Researchers led by physicist Ben Longmier (in fur hat) launch a weather balloon to examine Alaska's dazzling northern lights in the early morning hours of April 12, 2012. Such auroras are the result of geomagnetic storms.
- Exoplanet aurora: An out-of-this-world sightThu, 21 Jul 2011, 14:36:38 EDT
- Alaska Space Grant program launches B.E.A.R.Thu, 5 Jun 2008, 12:21:47 EDT
- Aurora alert: The Sun is waking upMon, 2 Aug 2010, 17:30:09 EDT
- Colliding auroras produce an explosion of lightThu, 17 Dec 2009, 14:49:23 EST
- Colliding auroras produce an explosion of light, UCLA scientists reportFri, 18 Dec 2009, 9:24:27 EST