Wednesday, March 7, 2012 - 12:32 in Astronomy & Space
The most intense solar flare seen this year is likely to herald a strong geomagnetic storm around Earth on March 8th and 9th 2012, as sunspot cluster AR1429 continues to blast coronal mass ejections (CMEs).
- Solar flares: What does it take to be X-class?Tue, 9 Aug 2011, 18:15:11 EDT
- NASA sees the sun having a solar blastTue, 7 Jun 2011, 17:34:27 EDT
- New sunspots producing space weatherMon, 14 Jan 2013, 20:04:43 EST
- New method detects emerging sunspots deep inside the sun, provides warning of dangerous solar flaresFri, 19 Aug 2011, 15:33:02 EDT
- 2012: Killer solar flares are a physical impossibilityFri, 11 Nov 2011, 17:33:07 EST