Press releases and news stories reporting the results of randomized controlled trials often contain "spin" -- specific reporting strategies (intentional or unintentional) emphasizing the beneficial effect of the experimental treatment -- but such "spin" frequently comes from the abstract of the actual study published in a scientific journal, rather than being related to misinterpretation by the media, according to French researchers.
- Curved carbon for electronics of the futureSun, 23 Jan 2011, 13:51:42 EST
- Spin pumping effect proven for the first timeMon, 12 Sep 2011, 11:34:56 EDT
- Putting a spin on light and atomsThu, 16 Sep 2010, 15:16:13 EDT
- A 'spin ratchet': A new electronic structure for generating spin currentThu, 16 Dec 2010, 14:53:42 EST
- UC Riverside physicists pave the way for graphene-based spin computerThu, 14 Oct 2010, 10:23:32 EDT