There is now strong evidence that some interventions can prevent falls in people over the age of 65 who are living in their own homes. However, the researchers who reached this conclusion say that care is needed when choosing interventions, as some have no effect.
- Exercise reduces falls in older peopleTue, 14 Apr 2009, 23:43:22 EDT
- Vitamin D supplementation can reduce falls in nursing care facilitiesWed, 20 Jan 2010, 7:00:19 EST
- Elderly falls cut by 11 percent with education and interventionThu, 17 Jul 2008, 17:28:54 EDT
- Prevention measures needed to address major risk of falls after strokeMon, 3 Oct 2011, 11:35:56 EDT
- Rate of falls in hospitals significantly reduced after use of intervention for fall preventionTue, 2 Nov 2010, 11:34:06 EDT