Pain drug can kill resistant tuberculosis: Low cost drug wipes out drug resistant TB, but may not reach patients in need
An off-patent anti-inflammatory drug that costs around two cents for a daily dose in developing countries has been found by researchers to kill both replicating and non-replicating drug resistant tuberculosis in the laboratory -- a feat few currently approved TB drugs can do, and resistance to those is spreading.
- Pain drug can kill resistant tuberculosisMon, 10 Sep 2012, 16:04:42 EDT
- Lab tests show two-drug combination effective against drug-resistant TB bacteriaThu, 26 Feb 2009, 14:32:02 EST
- Treatment outcomes highlight dangers of extensively drug-resistant tuberculosisWed, 6 Aug 2008, 17:28:59 EDT
- Drug-resistant tuberculosis rife in ChinaWed, 10 Dec 2008, 19:25:01 EST
- New avenues for overcoming tuberculosis drug resistanceTue, 27 Apr 2010, 12:32:48 EDT