There is enough energy available in winds to meet all of the world's demand. Atmospheric turbines that convert steadier and faster high-altitude winds into energy could generate even more power than ground- and ocean-based units. New research examines the limits of the amount of power that could be harvested from winds, as well as the effects high-altitude wind power could have on the climate as a whole.
- Enough wind to power global energy demandSun, 9 Sep 2012, 16:02:58 EDT
- Is the sky the limit for wind power?Mon, 15 Jun 2009, 10:44:09 EDT
- Power generation is blowing in the windTue, 17 Jan 2012, 17:34:47 EST
- Rethinking wind powerMon, 25 Feb 2013, 22:03:07 EST
- Proposed wind power grid to make wind power more reliableMon, 5 Apr 2010, 15:32:02 EDT