"Green rust" played a key role in making the Earth habitable and may now have an equally important role to play in cleaning it up for the future. Green rust is a highly reactive iron mineral which experts hope could be used to clean up metal pollution and even radioactive waste.
- Evidence of oceanic 'green rust' offers hope for the futureWed, 27 Jun 2012, 11:07:02 EDT
- Green sludge can protect groundwater from radioactive contaminationThu, 17 Mar 2011, 11:33:47 EDT
- Using rust and water to store solar energy as hydrogen Sun, 11 Nov 2012, 17:02:07 EST
- Tracking down rustFri, 23 Apr 2010, 23:36:24 EDT
- International scientists warn of growing threat of wheat rust epidemics worldwideWed, 20 Apr 2011, 11:35:13 EDT