Researchers have discovered how a part of the brain helps predict future events from past experiences. The work sheds light on the function of the front-most part of the frontal lobe, known as the frontopolar cortex, an area of the cortex uniquely well developed in humans in comparison with apes and other primates.
- Revealing the wiring that allows us to adapt to the unexpectedMon, 31 Jan 2011, 11:01:52 EST
- Damage to the frontal cortex of the brain affects ability to react quickly to a stimulusTue, 15 Jun 2010, 12:22:30 EDT
- Evolution of new brain area enables complex movementsMon, 12 Jan 2009, 17:29:45 EST
- Penn research determines region of the brain necessary for making decisions about economic valueWed, 18 May 2011, 10:36:05 EDT
- MIT-- parts of brain can switch functionsMon, 28 Feb 2011, 16:06:37 EST