Human genes transplanted into zebrafish: Helps identify genes related to autism, schizophrenia and obesity
Wednesday, May 16, 2012 - 14:30 in Health & Medicine
Researchers have transplanted a set of human genes into a zebrafish and then used it to identify genes responsible for head size at birth. This finding also is related to some cases of autism and possibly schizophrenia and childhood obesity.
- Researchers discover new genes contributing to autism, links to psychiatric disordersFri, 20 Apr 2012, 23:32:55 EDT
- Researchers identify a new gene with a key role in obesity and diabetesThu, 10 Jan 2013, 10:34:20 EST
- Fishing for answers to autism puzzle Tue, 19 Jun 2012, 13:05:20 EDT
- Autism genes discovered; help shape connections among brain cellsTue, 28 Apr 2009, 13:37:44 EDT
- Johns Hopkins researchers discover new schizophrenia geneTue, 3 Feb 2009, 15:50:07 EST