The same researchers who pioneered the use of satellite tags to monitor the migrations of elephant seals have compiled one of the largest datasets available for any marine mammal species, revealing their movements and diving behavior at sea in unprecedented detail.
- Elephant seal tracking reveals hidden lives of deep-diving animalsTue, 15 May 2012, 21:31:21 EDT
- Ocean warming causes elephant seals to dive deeperThu, 9 Feb 2012, 15:36:00 EST
- Southern Ocean seals dive deep for climate dataTue, 12 Aug 2008, 11:28:58 EDT
- Seal bulls in the service of scienceWed, 2 Jun 2010, 16:31:37 EDT
- Study examines how diving marine mammals manage decompressionWed, 21 Dec 2011, 16:33:56 EST