Researchers have identified a tropical rainforest microbe that can endure relatively high concentrations of an ionic liquid used to dissolve cellulosic biomass for the production of advanced biofuels. They've also determined how the microbe accomplishes this, a discovery that holds broad implications beyond biofuels.
- Salt-loving microbe provides new enzymes for the production of next-gen biofuelsThu, 30 Jun 2011, 12:05:44 EDT
- New technique can fast-track better ionic liquids for biomass pre-treatmentsFri, 10 Jul 2009, 17:50:23 EDT
- This microbe's for you: Brewery waste becomes scientific fodder for producing liquid biofuelsMon, 28 Feb 2011, 0:32:03 EST
- Microbes reprogrammed to ooze oil for renewable biofuelMon, 29 Mar 2010, 15:25:40 EDT
- Self-destructing bacteria improve renewable biofuel productionMon, 7 Dec 2009, 17:41:08 EST