A fleet of 100 floating robots took a trip down the Sacramento River on May 9, in a field test. The devices, equipped with GPS-enabled smartphones, demonstrated the next generation of water-monitoring technology, promising to transform the way government agencies track one of the state's most precious resources.
- Researchers equip robot sub with sensory system inspired by blind fishMon, 29 Mar 2010, 11:58:33 EDT
- Is smartphone technology the future of US elections?Mon, 12 Sep 2011, 20:33:40 EDT
- The precious commodity of waterFri, 10 Sep 2010, 15:37:50 EDT
- Analyzing food and beverages with magnetic levitationWed, 23 Jun 2010, 12:06:01 EDT
- New graphene discovery boosts oil exploration efforts, could enable self-powered microsensorsTue, 19 Jul 2011, 10:35:48 EDT