The American West has a 'drinking problem'. On farms and in cities, we are guzzling water at an alarming rate. Scientists say that to live sustainably, we should use no more than 40 percent of the water from the Colorado River Basin. As it is now, we use 76 percent.
- Smaller Colorado River projected for coming decades, study saysSun, 23 Dec 2012, 16:34:29 EST
- NASA-funded study shows desert dust cuts Colorado River flowTue, 21 Sep 2010, 9:08:50 EDT
- Dying trees in Southwest set stage for erosion, water loss in Colorado RiverWed, 27 Jun 2012, 15:34:59 EDT
- 'Miracle tree' substance produces clean drinking water inexpensively and sustainablyWed, 18 Jan 2012, 12:39:08 EST
- 'Cadillac Desert' withstands the test of time and technologyMon, 13 Dec 2010, 16:33:53 EST