The development of a new combination of polymers associating sugars with oil-based macromolecules makes it possible to design ultra-thin films capable of self-organization with a 5-nanometer resolution. This opens up new horizons for increasing the capacity of hard discs and the speed of microprocessors.
- Solar cells thinner than wavelengths of light hold huge power potentialTue, 28 Sep 2010, 9:15:58 EDT
- Fabrication method can affect the use of block copolymer thin filmsFri, 4 May 2012, 0:33:58 EDT
- Watching crystals grow provides clues to making smoother, defect-free thin filmsThu, 21 Jan 2010, 14:38:33 EST
- Radically simple technique developed to grow conducting polymer thin filmsTue, 2 Nov 2010, 9:03:11 EDT
- Elusive 'hot' electrons captured in ultra-thin solar cellsFri, 11 Dec 2009, 1:49:48 EST