New nutrition bar improves metabolic biomarkers linked to cardiovascular disease, cognitive decline, and anti-oxidant defenses in only two weeks
Scientists have developed a low-calorie fruit-based high fiber vitamin and mineral nutrition bar called the “CHORI-bar” that improves biological indicators (increased HDL-c and glutathione, lowered homocysteine) linked to risk of cardiovascular disease, cognitive decline, and associated decline in anti-oxidant defenses.
- Study links heart disease risk factors to some cognitive decline Tue, 12 Apr 2011, 11:05:50 EDT
- Vitamin B does not slow cognitive decline in Alzheimer'sTue, 14 Oct 2008, 16:28:40 EDT
- Vitamin D deficiency increases the risk of cognitive decline in the elderlyMon, 12 Jul 2010, 17:57:29 EDT
- Tricyclic anti-depressants linked to increased risk of heart diseaseWed, 1 Dec 2010, 4:33:45 EST
- Oxidative stress may predict later lung trouble in young adultsMon, 19 May 2008, 17:21:55 EDT