Scientists have found that male Alpine chamois heterozygous at a particular immune gene locus (i.e. who possess two different forms of that gene) survive significantly longer than homozygous individuals (i.e. those with two identical copies of the gene) but they found no such effect for female chamois.
- Why females live longer than males: is it due to the father's sperm?Tue, 1 Dec 2009, 19:57:25 EST
- Amount of gene surplus determines severity of mental retardation in malesThu, 10 Dec 2009, 13:57:33 EST
- Hundreds of genes distinguish patients likely to survive advanced melanomaMon, 9 Nov 2009, 17:57:41 EST
- Genes, environment, or chance?Thu, 18 Feb 2010, 14:22:00 EST
- Brain gene makes a female develop as a maleWed, 22 Dec 2010, 12:40:37 EST