In sports, on a game show, or just on the job, what causes people to choke when the stakes are high? A new study suggests that when there are high financial incentives to succeed, people can become so afraid of losing their potentially lucrative reward that their performance suffers.
- Why do people choke when the stakes are high?Fri, 11 May 2012, 14:33:02 EDT
- Reward-driven people win more, even when no reward at stakeMon, 26 Apr 2010, 17:42:47 EDT
- Why do some athletes choke under pressure?Fri, 21 Oct 2011, 18:32:50 EDT
- Grand prizes might help induce sports 'hot streaks'Tue, 17 Mar 2009, 16:08:21 EDT
- Immediate rewards for good scores can boost student performanceTue, 26 Jun 2012, 15:07:22 EDT