Women with high family support and limited pressure to achieve the 'thin and beautiful' ideal have a more positive body image. That's according to a new study looking at five factors that may help young women to be more positive about their bodies, in the context of a society where discontent with appearance is common among women.
- Media's focus on ideal body shape can boost women's body satisfaction -- for a whileMon, 11 Apr 2011, 12:33:58 EDT
- Frequency of fat talk associated with increased body dissatisfaction, regardless of waistlineTue, 29 Mar 2011, 17:35:48 EDT
- Women's body image based more on others' opinions than their own weightTue, 29 Mar 2011, 15:06:11 EDT
- Superwoman: A hard act to followThu, 31 Mar 2011, 11:38:10 EDT
- Motivational 'women-only' cardiac rehab improves symptoms of depressionTue, 17 Nov 2009, 16:45:53 EST