NASA researchers are about to fly off on a campaign that will take them into the heart of thunderstorm country. The Deep Convective Clouds and Chemistry (DC3) field campaign will use an airport in Salina, Kan., as a base to explore the impact of large thunderstorms on the concentration of ozone and other substances in the upper troposphere.
- NASA sees strong thunderstorms in potential tropical cyclone near Hong KongThu, 27 May 2010, 17:33:57 EDT
- Pollution alters isolated thunderstormsTue, 15 Dec 2009, 15:01:03 EST
- Frigid cloud top temperatures show Hurricane Dora's powerWed, 20 Jul 2011, 12:39:46 EDT
- Scientists use high-energy particles from space to probe thunderstormsMon, 1 Jun 2009, 14:29:23 EDT
- NASA satellites see high, cold thunderstorm cloud tops in Tropical Depression 2Fri, 9 Jul 2010, 16:15:06 EDT