The team of scientists who has been developing innovative low-cost batteries that are safe, non-toxic, and reliable with fast discharge rates and high energy densities, announced that it has built an operating prototype zinc anode battery system. The large-scale commercialization of the battery would start later this year.
- CUNY Energy Institute battery system could reduce buildings' electric billsTue, 8 May 2012, 13:34:37 EDT
- New high-performance lithium-ion battery 'top candidate' for electric carsWed, 23 Feb 2011, 11:33:11 EST
- Better lithium-ion batteries are on the way from Berkeley LabFri, 23 Sep 2011, 16:36:51 EDT
- 'Nanoscoops' could spark new generation of electric automobile batteriesTue, 4 Jan 2011, 9:31:50 EST
- Better batteries for electric carsMon, 14 Mar 2011, 10:32:07 EDT