A new report shows that counting calories to lose weight is only part of the equation. Scientists show that impairments to a gene responsible for our internal body clocks, called "Rev-Erb alpha," leads to excessive weight gain and related health problems. This research provides insights into the importance of proper alignment between the body's internal timing and natural environmental light cycles to limit excessive weight gain and the problems weight gain causes.
- Who are you kidding?Mon, 22 Dec 2008, 9:35:52 EST
- A molecular link between sleep and weight gainMon, 18 May 2009, 17:24:24 EDT
- Excessive pregnancy weight gain raises the risk of having a fat babyTue, 7 Jun 2011, 11:36:31 EDT
- Obese women gain too much weight in pregnancy, then retain weight a year laterWed, 21 Oct 2009, 18:10:37 EDT
- When it's not just baby weightMon, 22 Dec 2008, 4:43:22 EST