Simulations of defects inside copper point the way to making stronger metals. Results show that there are many different deformation mechanisms occurring in nano-structured materials like nanotwinned copper. Understanding each of them will allow scientists to tune material properties.
- Brown University scientists discover new principle in material scienceWed, 7 Apr 2010, 13:29:10 EDT
- Researchers find strange new nanoregion can form in quasicrystalsThu, 16 Feb 2012, 18:35:56 EST
- University of Tokyo, Rutgers physicists unveil unexpected properties in superconducting materialThu, 20 Jan 2011, 14:37:27 EST
- Perfectly shaped solid componentsThu, 11 Feb 2010, 0:24:03 EST
- Scientists discover novel way to remove defects in materials Tue, 2 Oct 2012, 10:36:28 EDT