Fear of putting on weight is one of the major reasons why smokers do not give up their habit. The reasons for this weight gain are believed to be in part due to metabolic changes in the body, but until now precise details of these changes were not known. New work had shown that changes in insulin secretion could be related to weight gain after smoking cessation.
- Mind over muscleFri, 24 Apr 2009, 12:50:29 EDT
- Women can quit smoking and control weight gainThu, 19 Nov 2009, 12:00:17 EST
- Non-smokers put on less weightThu, 22 Apr 2010, 17:31:53 EDT
- Potential new target for smoking cessation without weight gainThu, 9 Jun 2011, 15:04:54 EDT
- Changes in specific dietary factors may have big impact on long-term weight gainThu, 23 Jun 2011, 11:34:33 EDT