A modeling study from the European Alps suggests that population declines to be observed during the upcoming decades will probably underestimate the long-term effects of recent climate warming on mountain plants. A European team of ecologists has presented a new modeling tool to predict migration of mountain plants which explicitly takes population dynamic processes into account.
- European mountain plant population shows delayed response to climate changeMon, 7 May 2012, 15:34:02 EDT
- Accelerating climate change exerts strong pressure on Europe's mountain floraFri, 20 Apr 2012, 16:31:51 EDT
- Mountain ranges may act as "safe haven" for species facing climate changeTue, 9 Nov 2010, 10:52:25 EST
- Mapping human vulnerability to climate changeThu, 3 Mar 2011, 11:37:30 EST
- Climate change is altering mountain vegetation at large scaleTue, 10 Jan 2012, 11:36:14 EST