Sunday, May 6, 2012 - 16:30 in Health & Medicine
Lowering your BMI by five units can dramatically reduce your risk of diabetes, whatever your initial weight, says new research. The findings show that even severely obese patients with diabetes can potentially rid themselves of the disease.
- The biggest loser: Maternal obesity puts a load on her offspring that lasts a lifetimeTue, 9 Feb 2010, 17:57:21 EST
- Obesity does not worsen asthma, but may reduce response to medicationsWed, 3 Jun 2009, 1:35:41 EDT
- Lifestyle changes may stave off diabetes for a decadeMon, 2 Nov 2009, 17:59:27 EST
- Weight gain between first and second pregnancies increases woman's gestational diabetes riskMon, 23 May 2011, 17:36:22 EDT
- New study finds attending Weight Watchers meetings helps reduce the risk for type 2 diabetesThu, 20 May 2010, 12:40:56 EDT