Vegetation, such as a patch of prairie or a forest stand, is more productive in the long run when more plant species are present, a new University of Minnesota study shows. The unprecedented long-term study of plant biodiversity found that each species plays a role in maintaining a productive ecosystem, especially when a long time horizon is considered.
- Plant diversity is key to maintaining productive vegetationFri, 4 May 2012, 10:15:11 EDT
- Plant gene mapping may lead to better biofuel productionTue, 14 Apr 2009, 9:44:18 EDT
- Fertilization intensifies competition for light and endangers plant diversityThu, 30 Apr 2009, 14:59:42 EDT
- Fabled 'vegetable lamb' plant contains potential treatment for osteoporosisWed, 31 Mar 2010, 23:30:27 EDT
- Fabled 'vegetable lamb' plant contains potential treatment for osteoporosisWed, 14 Oct 2009, 13:10:15 EDT