Mitigating disasters by hunting down Dragon Kings: Forecasting natural or economic disasters by identifying statistical anomalies
Thursday, May 3, 2012 - 23:30 in Mathematics & Economics
Professional Dragon King hunters are exploring the ways in which natural or economic disasters can be predicted by identifying statistical anomalies.
- Human cognitive performance suffers following natural disasters, HF/E researchers findSat, 11 Feb 2012, 11:36:19 EST
- Model aims to reduce disaster toll on city's social, economic fabricTue, 28 Sep 2010, 14:43:24 EDT
- Manage biological invasions like natural disasters, biologists sayFri, 1 Apr 2011, 4:55:39 EDT
- Climate change disasters could be predictedMon, 20 Jun 2011, 0:32:47 EDT
- New UC Davis study: Climate 'tipping points' may arrive without warning, says top forecasterTue, 9 Feb 2010, 19:13:54 EST