Friday, May 4, 2012 - 17:20 in Paleontology & Archaeology
A crocodile large enough to swallow humans once lived in East Africa, according to new research. It may have exceeded 27 feet in length. By comparison, the largest recorded Nile crocodile was less than 21 feet, and most are much smaller.
- Crocodiles ride ocean currents for ocean travelMon, 7 Jun 2010, 8:50:53 EDT
- UF study names new ancient crocodile relative from the land of TitanoboaWed, 14 Sep 2011, 20:23:17 EDT
- New species of ancient crocodile discovered Tue, 31 Jan 2012, 21:25:39 EST
- Mammal-like crocodile fossil found in East Africa, scientists reportWed, 4 Aug 2010, 13:39:15 EDT
- UF researchers: Ancient crocodile relative likely food source for TitanoboaTue, 2 Feb 2010, 15:56:48 EST