Researchers have developed a novel way of producing light pulses that are "superluminal" -- in some sense they travel faster than the speed of light. The new method could be used to improve the timing of communications signals and to investigate the propagation of quantum correlations.
- First light: NIST researchers develop new way to generate superluminal pulsesFri, 4 May 2012, 0:34:14 EDT
- CERN collider to become the world's fastest stopwatch?Mon, 12 Nov 2012, 20:02:28 EST
- Short, on-chip light pulses will enable ultrafast data transfer within computersWed, 24 Nov 2010, 15:04:18 EST
- NIST develops novel ion trap for sensing force and lightWed, 1 Jul 2009, 11:31:34 EDT
- Single GFP-expressing cell is basis of living laser deviceSun, 12 Jun 2011, 21:00:55 EDT