Bioethicists argue that current research ethics frameworks do not flag drug trials that, while not putting patients at risk, produce biased evidence. As an example, they point to phase IV research -- when pharmaceutical companies test drugs and devices that have been approved for marketing.
- Hopkins faculty lead development of report to FDA on ethical, scientific issues related to 'post-market' clinical trialsMon, 12 Jul 2010, 15:44:03 EDT
- New promising obesity drug may have huge potentialThu, 23 Oct 2008, 0:30:30 EDT
- Project Zero Delay accelerates drug's path to clinical trialMon, 3 Aug 2009, 16:24:58 EDT
- Cancer drug shows promise for treating sclerodermaMon, 28 Mar 2011, 9:33:01 EDT
- Off-label marketing of medicines in the US is rife but difficult to controlTue, 5 Apr 2011, 18:33:26 EDT