'Smart doorknobs' and gesture-controlled smartphones: Revolutionary technology enables objects to know your touch
A doorknob that knows whether to lock or unlock based on how it is grasped, a smartphone that silences itself if the user holds a finger to her lips and a chair that adjusts room lighting based on recognizing if a user is reclining or leaning forward are among the many possible applications of Touché, a new sensing technique.
- Revolutionary technology enables objects to know how they are being touchedFri, 4 May 2012, 1:32:59 EDT
- Wearable depth-sensing projection system makes any surface capable of multitouch interactionMon, 17 Oct 2011, 22:33:07 EDT
- Study exposes habit formation in smartphone usersMon, 25 Jul 2011, 11:34:39 EDT
- New interactive system detects touch and gestures on any surface Tue, 9 Oct 2012, 18:05:59 EDT
- Smartphone app illuminates power consumptionFri, 20 Nov 2009, 17:24:58 EST