As with many concerned consumers, researchers wondered if the green color sometimes seen in bacon is, in fact, harmful to human health. Recently, these scientists took an important first step in answering this question by determining the structure of the green pigment responsible for this "nitrite burn."
- Research supports calls to study health benefits of nitrate, nitriteThu, 20 Aug 2009, 17:38:01 EDT
- Finally, an excuse for pregnant women to eat bacon and eggsMon, 4 Jan 2010, 10:23:14 EST
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' game provides clue to efficiency of complex networksMon, 17 Nov 2008, 15:28:24 EST
- Measuring nitrate concentrations in leafy green vegetablesTue, 8 Sep 2009, 13:38:22 EDT
- Roadsters embrace green racingThu, 25 Jun 2009, 10:17:56 EDT