It's a message no one wants to hear: to slow down global warming, we'll either have to put the brakes on economic growth or transform the way the world's economies work. That's the implication of an innovative study examining the evolution of atmospheric CO2, the most likely cause of climate change.
- Fighting global warming offers growth and development opportunitiesThu, 12 Mar 2009, 10:31:37 EDT
- 'Greener' climate prediction shows plants slow warmingTue, 7 Dec 2010, 17:33:19 EST
- MIT: As planet warms, poor nations face economic chillMon, 16 Mar 2009, 18:50:56 EDT
- Study finds national debt 'tipping point' that slows economic growthTue, 28 Sep 2010, 10:23:17 EDT
- Global warming likely to be amplified by slow changes to Earth systemsSun, 20 Dec 2009, 13:37:21 EST