Tuesday, May 1, 2012 - 10:30 in Biology & Nature
Scientists looking at fertility in mice, have discovered for the first time that the gene, which makes a protein called PDILT, enables sperm to bind to an egg, a process essential to fertilization.
- Revealed: How sticky egg captures spermThu, 18 Aug 2011, 22:38:17 EDT
- Egg meets sperm: The female side of the storyThu, 21 Oct 2010, 13:53:36 EDT
- Researchers clone key sperm-binding proteinsTue, 17 Mar 2009, 12:44:14 EDT
- The egg makes sure that sperm don't get too oldWed, 25 Mar 2009, 11:54:58 EDT
- Scientists discover human sperm gene is 600 million years oldThu, 15 Jul 2010, 17:24:16 EDT