The millions of "check-ins" generated by Foursquare, the location-based social networking site, can be used to create a dynamic view of a city's workings and character, researchers say. In contrast to static neighborhood boundaries and dated census figures, these "Livehoods" reflect the ever-changing patterns of city life.
- Carnegie Mellon researchers create dynamic view of city based on Foursquare check-in dataTue, 1 May 2012, 22:34:39 EDT
- The first true view of global erosionWed, 27 Jul 2011, 17:37:43 EDT
- How New York City is preparing for climate changeTue, 1 Jun 2010, 12:26:44 EDT
- Social network use reflects East-West disparityThu, 7 Feb 2013, 13:08:38 EST
- Scientists find city rats are loyal to their 'hoodsTue, 26 May 2009, 10:57:24 EDT