Vitamin D may be known as the sunshine vitamin, but a new research report shows that it is more than that. According to the report, insufficient levels of vitamin D are related to a deficiency in our innate immune defenses that protect us from infections, neoplasias or autoimmune diseases.
- Vitamin D linked to autoimmune and cancer disease genes, underscoring risks of deficiencyMon, 23 Aug 2010, 17:23:37 EDT
- Vitamin D may exacerbate autoimmune diseaseWed, 8 Apr 2009, 16:21:53 EDT
- First study to examine vitamin D insufficiency in pediatric patients with low bone densityMon, 2 Jun 2008, 4:07:27 EDT
- Vitamin A signals offer clues to treating autoimmunitySun, 1 Mar 2009, 14:21:30 EST
- Vitamin D crucial to activating immune defensesSun, 7 Mar 2010, 13:37:57 EST